Grilled Swordfish with Herbs & Charred Lemon Salsa
- 1 lemon, preferably thin-skinned, very thinly sliced and seeded
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for brushing
- 1 medium celery rib, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced shallot
- 1/4 cup finely chopped parsley
- 2 teaspoons each dried rosemary, thyme and oregano
- Kosher salt
- Four 8-ounce skinless swordfish steaks, cut 1 inch thick
HOW TO MAKE THIS RECIPE
- Light a grill or heat a grill pan. Brush the lemon slices with olive oil and grill over moderate heat, turning occasionally, until lightly charred and the rind is tender, about 8 minutes. Transfer to a work surface and let cool, then finely chop.
- In a small bowl, whisk the chopped lemon with the celery, shallot, parsley, 1/4 cup of olive oil and 1/2 teaspoon each of the rosemary, thyme and oregano. Season with salt and pepper.
- Brush the swordfish with oil and season with salt, pepper and the remaining 1 1/2 teaspoons each of the dried herbs. Grill the fish over moderately high heat, turning once, until lightly charred and just cooked through, 8 minutes. Transfer to plates and serve with the salsa.